Re: searching the web

Hey Dirk,

2007/7/13, schoappied <schoappied gmail com>:

I think I'm gonna use your browser...

Good idea ;)

privacy rights... it's a shame (but maybe logic) that this search engine
is the standard one in Epiphany!) ;)

Yes, well... for better or worse, I think Google really is what users expect.
Once we have an completely free, open, and privacy-guaranteeing and
internationalized web search engine[1] I suppose we could change the
default :)

I also want to change the tool 'searching the web'... You get this when
you put a word in the adressbar, then there's appearing a  tool
'searching the web' and that thing searches always with google... How
can I change that? (I've already changed keyword.URL in about:config)

That's the default Smart Bookmark included with Epiphany. You can read
about editing smart bookmarks in the Epiphany online help.

Thanks!  And  success with your work!

Thanks, have fun using Epiphany :)

[1] http://open-search.org/ aims to be such a search engine, someday.

--