Re: Epipahny feedback

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 12:54 +0100, Kristoffer Lundén wrote:
> On 12/31/06, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
>         On 12/31/06, Diego Escalante Urrelo <diego aureal com pe>
>         wrote:
>         > On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 02:11 +0100, AMAZIGH Aneglus wrote:
>         > > - Ad Blocker (Extension): Faster than Firefox' one.
>         > A glory, it just works. I never get the FF one to work.
>
>         FWIW, use Ad Blocker and the Filterset.G Updater:
>         https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1136. I never see any ads
>         and I
>         don't need to manually block anything. :)
>
> Me too. Epiphany uses the same list, I think, but it has the big
> drawback of not updating the list, ever, so it gets outdated (YMMV
> depending on where you surf). And you can't add your own filters,
> either (with an updated list this is rarely, if ever, needed). FF of
> course has the drawback of needing two extensions that also has to be
> found first.

http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany/AdBlockExtension

You can add your own filters in
~/.gnome2/epiphany/extensions/data/adbloc/blacklist (or whitelist).

 There is a script in the epiphany-extensions source tree which
downloads the newest FilterSet.G list and formats it as PCRE regular
expressions (for use in adblock). It would be ideal to provide an
automated way to accomplish that task. The script is an ideal starting
point.

--
Adam Hooper
adamh densi com