Re: Epipahny feedback

On 12/31/06, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
On 12/31/06, Diego Escalante Urrelo <diego aureal com pe> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 02:11 +0100, AMAZIGH Aneglus wrote:
> > - Ad Blocker (Extension): Faster than Firefox' one.
> A glory, it just works. I never get the FF one to work.

FWIW, use Ad Blocker and the Filterset.G Updater:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1136. I never see any ads and I
don't need to manually block anything. :)

Me too. Epiphany uses the same list, I think, but it has the big drawback of not updating the list, ever, so it gets outdated (YMMV depending on where you surf). And you can't add your own filters, either (with an updated list this is rarely, if ever, needed). FF of course has the drawback of needing two extensions that also has to be found first.

With fresh lists and everything installed/enabled, it seems they do the same job about equally well.

-- Stoffe