Re: Some suggestions on tab behaviour

On 12/29/06, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt myrealbox com> wrote:
On Dec 26, 2006, at 4:56 AM, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> 2006/12/25, spidernik84 <spidernik84 virgilio it>:
>> I've noticed that double clicking on tab bar does not open a new tab.
>> I think that this could be a useful feature, especially for users
>> coming from Firefox like me.
>
> Sorry but this is a 'feature' that Epiphany doesn't have by design.
> UI elements that are reactive to mouse clicks without being clearly
> marked as such, cause unexpected behaviour. You can still use the New
> Tab toolbar button or press Ctrl+T instead.

You might accidentally click on something, but you're unlikely to
accidentally double-click on it, especially if there is nothing
adjacent that uses double-clicks. So using a double-click here probably
would be safe.

I think a better idea would be to move said button/"tab" to the left.
Why the IE designers insisted on putting it to the right is beyond me.
(Yeah, yeah, "discoverability"... but I think it'd do just as well on
the left side.)

I think that this button would be well-suited for placement on the tab
bar. Something like the screenshot in this Firefox extension:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1456. ...Though I'm not sure how
much hacking it would take in GTK+ to allow a button on a GTK
notebook.