Re: Open Bookmark in active Tab?

Hi eagleton,

Op zondag 23-12-2007 om 21:56 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef eagleton:

> So my questions are about opening bookmarks in the active tab from the
> bookmarks window.

>  - Is there any usability decision I'm not aware of that is the reason
> > for Epiphany's not being able to open a bookmark from the bookmarks bar
> > in the active tab instead of a new tab/window?

The main reason, I believe, is that the bookmarks editor can be run
without an active Epiphany window, and moreover that it is independent
from any currently active open web page. So from the bme's point of
view, the "active" tab is arbitrary unless there's only one browser
window open.

> > - Is it possible to write an extension for Epiphany which enables
> > Epiphany to open a bookmark from the bookmarks bar in the active tab,
> > either by left-click or using the context menu?

That depends on how you define the active tab, I suppose.

> > I have a list of links I visit every day, so this would be a useful
> > feature for me, sparing me quite a few clicks.

Well, I can suggest an alternative approach: add your daily links to one
or more topic(s), put those topics on a toolbar (Epiphany doesn't make a
difference between toolbars or bookmark bars), and use the 'Open in New
Tabs' option in the resulting topic menu.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen