Open Bookmark in active Tab?

Hello,
I've got 2 questions about the fabulous Epiphany:
- Is there any usability decision I'm not aware of that is the reason
for Epiphany's not being able to open a bookmark from the bookmarks bar
in the active tab instead of a new tab/window?
- Is it possible to write an extension for Epiphany which enables
Epiphany to open a bookmark from the bookmarks bar in the active tab,
either by left-click or using the context menu?

I have a list of links I visit every day, so this would be a useful
feature for me, sparing me quite a few clicks.

Thanks,
eagleton