Re: Middle-click tab close and other features...

Hi Tal,

Thanks for your feedback!

> 1. Middle click closes tabs - this works in FF, Opera, etc. but for some
> reason not in Epiphany.

The reason is twofold. First, GTK+ tabbed notebooks use the scroll wheel
to flip tabs. It would be far too easy to accidentally close a tab while
trying to scroll. Secondly, there is no visual indication at all that
something is going to happen when the user middle clicks a tab. If we
follow the Principle of Least Astonishment then we shouldn't perform
(potentially) destructive actions when there's nothing that indicates
so.

> I know there's a third party extension that does
> that, but it doesn't work on 2.20. Any ideas?

Sorry. :-/

> 2. There are a few features I miss from the google bar - 1. The google
> suggest feature in the search box.

I don't know if it's possible, but please feel free to file a bug report
requesting this.

> 2. the ability to search inside the site you're at

see above.

> 3. The ability to highlight/skip to the searched words in the pages you
> visit.

Isn't this what 'Next' in the Find bar does?

> Also, I'm looking for a way to make new windows open as tabs (for
> example: when using Epiphany's "look up" feature, it opens a new
> window..)

There's a generic new tab/window option in GNOME's default applications
preferences window. But alas, it looks like the Smart bookmarks
extension (the one that adds the Look up menu item to the context menu)
doesn't seem to honour it. Again, please file a bug.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen