Re: What is Epiphany's role now?

On 4/3/07, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> True, Internet Explorer wasn't Free Software, but neither is Firefox
> unless you debrand it. And if you do that, whoops, you've lost that
> "Firefox brand".

How do you suggest that we persuade the distros to use Epiphany given
that we've failed to do that so far?

As far as I remember it, last time we asked why they were using
Firefox instead of Epiphany the answer was "we can't do without the
Firefox brand".  The only two ways out of it I see are: a) distros
getting so pissed off about firefox branding policy that they'll want
to get voluntarily out of it, at which point it starts to make sense
to consider the alternatives. b) Epiphany being so incredibly superior
to Firefox that the branding point starts to seem less important.

No idea about a), but b) is very unlikely to happen given the current
manpower Epiphany has. We should be grateful that the project is still
there (sending gifts to chpe is not a bad idea).

Cheers, Xan

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com