Re: Cookies from python

On 9/5/06, Adam Hooper <adamh densi com> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 12:03 +0200, Zsombor wrote:

> Hello!
>
>  I would like to write a epiphany extension in python which manages
> the cookies, in a lot more fine grained mode than the currently
> available. For example to allow every PHPSESSION session cookies, but
> to reject every __utma cookies, and so on. Unfortunately i can't
> figure out how to access "ephy-cookie-manager" from python. The second
> thing with I probably will have some problems is that from the
> documentation
> ( http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/documentation/reference/epiphany-ephy-cookie-manager.html ) it seems to me, that currently it is not possible to add some callback function which gets called every time when a new cookie is offered by a webserver. Am I right? Is there any easy solution for me?

For the moment, you'll have to write it in C. When PyXPCOM is supported,
this will be possible. (There may be a way to hack Epiphany proper to
allow such a callback; but I don't think it exists now, and using
PyXPCOM would certainly be the better approach.)

--
Adam Hooper
adamh densi com

Thanks, that's what I afraid of. From googling around I saw some emails from 1-2 years ago, when it is discussed, and some build instructions ( http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany/EphyPython/PyXPCOM), and I'm wondering why there is no further development occured since ? Is there any blocking issue which prevents to include the python binding? Is it not stable enough? Because without this, the plugin development is very restricted to small UI related functionalities. Because very limited number of programmers really enjoys working in C in such a complicated environment, when a small, badly behaving plugin can segfault the whole browser.

BR,
 Zsombor Gegesy