Re: Extensions -For a better Epiphany-

On Tue, 2006-24-10 at 12:43 -0500, Steve Bergman wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 19:39 +0200, Stefan Stuhr wrote:
>
> > Epiphany actually does have its own adblock extension. AFAIK it doesn't
> > have a GUI for configuration yet, but that shouldn't be a show stopper.
> >

> It's quite a good one, actually.  It uses filterset.g and is pretty much
> zero-config.
>
> I like it better than FF's Adblock+ extension.
>
> The only FF extension that I miss is "Web Developer".

As a web developer, I find the only extension *I* miss in Epiphany is
that crazy DOM inspector one. That thing is way cool.

I haven't looked at Web Developer for a year or two, but back when I
looked at it, I thought of it as just a bunch of bookmarklets shoved
together on a toolbar. Indeed, bookmarklets can be very helpful for web
development, and they don't need browser extensions :).

And Epiphany has Error Viewer, which is better than what Web Developer
gives you because it validates locally.

When we get PyXPCOM working, it'll be far easier to write this kind of
extension -- even easier than in Firefox. (Not that I'm dissing
JavaScript, but... well, yeah. I am ;).)

Adam