Re: Should Epiphany browser be renamed because of conflict w/ game name?

2006/10/20, Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>:
On Fri, 2006-20-10 at 20:10 +0000, Jason Spiro wrote:
> Jason Spiro <jasonspiro4+news <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I filed a bug at http://bugs.debian.org/393521 - no response yet; we
> > will see what happens.
>
> One of the Debian maintainers replied. He thinks it would be confusing for those
> who have the game installed to rename the package to epiphany-game. He also is a
> big fan of the game and believes that having it named epiphany is a good way of
> making more people discover the game. Although that is true, I still hope Debian
> will rename Epiphany.
>
> If you use Debian and want to join the bug discussion, send comments to 393521@
> bugs.debian.org and they will be added to the thread.

Yet the only numbers he can find (which you mentioned in your bug
report) prove exactly the opposite of what he argues. He has no basis
for argument :).

I suggest you just file the same bug against Ubuntu. Ubuntu developers
are far more likely to care about Epiphany-the-browser (they came
extremely close to making it their default), and I find stuff gets done
in Ubuntu way faster than in Debian :).

I feel divergence between the Ubuntu and Debian package names would
cause too much confusion though.

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I also provide training and spyware removal services for homes and businesses.