Re: Chronological bookmarks

From that history+bookmark integration wiki page, I particularly like
EmmanueleBassi's idea of using f-spot's time-slider widget. Especially
if Epiphany were to combine the time slider with thumbnails of the web
pages visited, in the same way that f-spot combines it with thumbnails
of images.

The f-spot time-slider & thumbnail approach could be used to browse
history. Bookmarks would be history items that were 'tagged' or
'dog-eared' or 'starred' as bookmarks. There should be a widget that
allows you to toggle between browsing all history (with some form of
emblem denoting bookmarked items) and browsing bookmarked items only.

Beyond that... you could allow people to further sort the bookmarked
items by creating tags to tag items with, make tags as children of
other tags, and apply multiple tags to one item. Then display emblems
suggesting the applied tags on the thumbnails, and allow to browse
only certain tags, or combinations of tags, at a time. Much like
f-spot does.

But f-spots tagging is a fairly complex and involved process that a
lot of people can't be bothered with. So the simpler, more generic but
less powerful tool of simply 'bookmarking' some history items should
be there for the lazy/people without much time.

That sounds like a fun project, no? A SoC maybe?

Here's a screenshot of f-spot so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://f-spot.org/Image:Main-window.png

You drag the slider on the timescale at the top, and the thumbnails
view (which is displaying images ordered chronologically)
automatically jumps to where the slider is. The stuff on the left is
user-created tags. Epiphany's bookmarks view just be a simplified
version of f-spot's main view.

On 10/5/06, Sean Hammond <sean hammond gmail com> wrote:
What language is Epiphany written in and what toolkits and libraries
does it use? Any guides or tutorials for interested developers?