Re: Chronological bookmarks

What language is Epiphany written in and what toolkits and libraries
does it use? Any guides or tutorials for interested developers?

On 10/4/06, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
Hi Sean,

2006/10/4, Sean Hammond <sean hammond gmail com>:

> I wondered if any thought had been given among web browser developers
> and designers to ordering bookmarks chronologically (by the date the
> user created the bookmark), instead of by subject or tagging?

Among web browser developers in general, I'm certain quite a bit of
thought has been given to the subject. :) As far as Epiphany is
concerned, please have a look at this page:
http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany/BookmarksHistoryIntegration

It contains some (not very organized) ideas about how a future
history/bookmarks implementation might look like. Unfortunately, we're
rather short on developer manpower and this is not very concrete yet.

> hierarchical sorting, but I still find that my list of bookmarks is
> usually a mess, and that aside from a handful on the toolbar, I don't
> really use bookmarks.

Are you talking about the bookmarks in the bookmark editor window, or
in the Bookmarks menu? Generally, the most efficient way to work with
bookmarks in Epiphany is to use the address bar to find them by name
or by topic. Just type a few letters of the bookmark's name or of one
of its topics and you'll see a dropdown list of possibilities. It
allows very fast bookmark selection.

Thanks for your feedback, and for using Epiphany! =)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen

--