Re: Middle-clicking on toolbar buttons to open new tabs

On 11/26/06, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt myrealbox com> wrote:
On Nov 26, 2006, at 3:55 AM, BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> I know that this change creates an "inconsistency" because
> middle-clicking on hyperlinks opens new tabs in the background while
> middle-clicking on toolbar buttons opens new tabs in the
> foreground. But I think it is worth it because it is more natural to
> open new tabs in the foreground when you middle-click toolbar buttons.

Why is it "more natural"? I don't understand that at all.

Either middle-click should always open in the foreground and
Shift+middle-click always in the background, or vice versa.

For that matter, why is it ever natural to middle-click something and
have it appear in the background? That always seemed a silly default
to me.