Re: Epiphany 2.17.2 released

Hi Tshepang,

Op di, 14-11-2006 te 07:57 +0200, schreef Tshepang Lekhonkhobe:

> I can't test this release, but please make sure that epiphany won't
> depend on nautilus. I currently run it under fluxbox on an old
> machine. It's the number one memory user on my system, but that's fine
> since it's the best web-browser I've ever used...

I don't know if the patch introduces a hard dependency on Nautilus (I
doubt it). However, we do have dependencies on other GNOME components
and there may be more in the future. From the Epiphany manifesto[1]:

---<<>>---
Epiphany also address simplicity with modularity to make a light and
powerful application. If something can be implemented using external
applications or components, we use it rather than wasting resources in
the web browser.

Thanks for using Epiphany! :-)

[1] http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/documentation/manifesto.html

regards,