Usability: search dialog missing

Hi,

I have some problems with the 2.14 search behaviour.
Instead of opening a search dialog, it resizes the
main window (!) and places a seach entry field at the
bottom of the page. Trying to view the text
surrounding the search hit is impossible, a click on
the scroll bar removes the search entry field and
resizes the main window again so that the next mouse
click hits the scroll bar, instead of the down arrow.

The next problem is that there is no option to revert
this new, possibly experimental, behaviour. Or there
is an option but this option is not documented. --
I've tried about:epiphany, but this dialog only
displays a useless quote from a french author.

Regards,
Jost Boekemeier