Re: A couple of new tab related extensions

On 6/23/06, Adam Hooper <adamh densi com> wrote:
Stefan: are there any aspects of the extensions system you found weak or
lacking? That includes documentation, API, online help you used (e.g.,
IRC, mailing lists, ...), etc. What could have been done to save you
more time and/or make writing extensions easier? If you've developed
Firefox extensions before, how did the experience compare?

Having not developed any yet (and not being Stefan), I can't say
completely, but even though I know PyGTK+ fairly well, I had a hard
time getting anywhere in the limited time I've been able to spend on
it.  I felt like the docs could've used a few more examples (maybe
some example code blocks from existing extensions?).  The PyGTK+
tutorial is an example of something that really helped me.  Perhaps if
I could grok the C API I'd be in better shape, but alas.  Is this
mailing list the place to ask questions about developing?  I find that
I work better when I'm constantly getting feedback and discussing.
(Maybe that's just a lack of skill.)

Anyone: there (finally) seem to be quite a few unofficial Epiphany
extensions floating around. Is there a page somewhere on which to list
them? (Maybe a wiki page.) I remember Firefox has a big extensions page
somewhere; we should try to compete.

Agreed; I've found random things on Bugzilla but there seems to be no
central place.  Maybe the wiki [1] though I'm not sure it'd be
suitable for uploading files.

Anyway, Epiphany is nice!  I'm looking to make tab navigation a bit
easier with a navigation like Opera or the Firefox extension LastTab.
(Speak up if you'd like to work together.)

Cheers,
Andrew Conkling

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany