Re: A couple of new tab related extensions

fre, 23 06 2006 kl. 10:31 -0700, skrev Adam Hooper:
> On Fri, 2006-23-06 at 19:05 +0200, Stefan Stuhr wrote:
>
> > You can find the extensions here:
> > http://www.sstuhr.dk/epiphany-extensions/
>
> Awesome! This is exactly the kind of thing the extensions system is for.
>
> Stefan: are there any aspects of the extensions system you found weak or
> lacking? That includes documentation, API, online help you used (e.g.,
> IRC, mailing lists, ...), etc. What could have been done to save you
> more time and/or make writing extensions easier?

The documentation on
http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/documentation/ is okay. It could
be better, especially as it's not complete.

The PyGTK documentation on http://www.pygtk.org/ is good.

I had good use of the Python Console extension. It's very powerful, and
a good way to discover how to develop Epiphany extensions.

I found that I couldn't connect to the "remove" signal of the tab
notebook. It didn't work. I ended up connecting to the "parent-set"
signal of the individual tabs instead.

I also had to look at the Epiphany source (in GNOME CVS). It was, among
other things, how I discovered that the tab label HBox minimum width
gets set and updated on the "style-set" signal.

I also discovered that the attach_window function in extensions gets
called for new windows before the window toolbar have a toolbars model.
I had to use shell.get_toolbars_model and assign it manually, before I
could add a close button to the available toolbar widgets.

> If you've developed Firefox extensions before, how did the experience
> compare?

I have never developed Firefox extensions.

Stefan