Re: A couple of new tab related extensions

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Andrew Conkling wrote:

Agreed; I've found random things on Bugzilla but there seems to be no central place. Maybe the wiki [1] though I'm not sure it'd be suitable for uploading files.

I would like to see something along the lines of jEdit plugin central (http://plugins.jedit.org). It has an XMLRPC interface that can be used to communicate with the onboard jEdit plugin manager which can download and install plugins on the fly. Ideally suited for (Python) extensions installed in the user's home directory.

I've inquired about getting the source of this web interface, and although the author was willing to publish it under a Free license I was warned that the code is in pretty bad shape, so I let it pass at that point.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778