Re: Epiphany settings

On Wed, 2006-21-06 at 13:33 +0300, Timo Hirvonen wrote:

> Currently adblock is _hard_ to use because it just never can't work
> properly without configuration.  I was annoyed when I saw the "it just
> works" advertisement and it just didn't work.

Haha, where? I'm pretty sure I only ever said "it's *supposed* to 'Just
Work'" and I'm the one who wrote it ;). (I never finished it, and I
certainly won't get a chance this summer.)

It would work a lot better if one of the Epiphany devs ran the update
script in the epiphany-extensions/extensions/adblock directory, and then
distributed the resulting blacklist. (The blacklist only works when it's
updated frequently, and I never automated its distribution in any way.)

And it would work a little bit better than that if there were a UI for
the remaining cases.

Adam