Re: Epiphany settings

Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl> wrote:

> På Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 02:16:02AM +0300, Timo Hirvonen skrev:
> > I set image.animation_mode = none and restarted epiphany (2.14.2.1,
> > xulrunner-1.8.0.4) and noticed the setting was reseted.
> >
> > It would be nice if the setting would be in the preferences dialog.
> > Using about:config or gconf-editor to configure gnome program seems
> > silly.
>
> Epiphany is designed to be easy to use without too much configuration
> options (it "just works"). This means that Epiphany does not have UI for all
> possible Mozilla settings.

Yeah I know, but in reality most users want to change settings.  If
there already is a preferences dialog why not add a few most commonly
needed settings?  It wouldn't make Epiphany harder to use.  Those who
don't grok checkboxes never even need to open the dialog.  IIRC there
were more options in the preferences dialog but they got removed.

Currently adblock is _hard_ to use because it just never can't work
properly without configuration.  I was annoyed when I saw the "it just
works" advertisement and it just didn't work.

I wouldn't complain if Epiphany wasn't such a great browser in other
respects.  I really like the UI.

> If you change the animation mode setting in about:config, Epiphany should
> use the setting even after a restart. If not, this is most likely a bug.
> Please file it in our bug tracking system.

Will do.  I like posting to a ML first because my complains/bug reports
often get lost in bugzilla.  MLs are better place to communicate.

--
http://onion.dynserv.net/~timo/