Re: VDQ : Open in tabs?

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:50:13 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

> You've just found out what the term 'dependency hell' means. Since I'm
> not familiar with yum or Fedora Core I can't give you a definite advice
> on how to configure it, but looking at http://repo.nrpms.net/ I see
> directory names of the packages you are apparently missing.
>
> Looking at the error message, at least you'll need 'howl', 'glib2',
> 'gtk', 'cairo' and 'pango'. If there are more missing dependencies you
> will notice soon enough.

Actually, I got into Epiphany in the first place when Galeon hit
dependency hell -- or rather, when I gave up on it because of that. So I
appreciate knowing of nrpms.net; but I'm afraid to try it.

I understand from the Galeon developers that the real trouble is lack of
timely support from the distro, rather than anything really wrong with the
browser; and I'm sure now Epiphany is getting it. I'll try on gmane's
fedora general list; but I've got a feeling I'm going to be making more
use of Opera, Konqueror, and Dillo for a while; at least I *can* still
limp along with 1.6.5. I lost all use of Galeon years ago, and never have
gotten it back. And the FC people *will* update their repos sooner or
later .... <sigh>

It's very strange: those of us in strictly subtechnoid status do better to
stay just behind the cutting edge with some things, and well behind with
others ...

--
Beartooth Oldfart, Neo-Redneck, Linux Convert
FC4; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;