Re: developer meeting for SoC proposal

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 21:34 +0200, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> > Anyway, does everyone (except Crispin, who regrets) agree with Sunday? How
> > about 21:00 UTC? I realize I forgot to address Peter, Piers, Tommi and Philip
> > in my last mail (anyone else?), are you in?
>
> So, this meeting didn't go through. Is e-mail perhaps more convenient
> for people to try and spec an Epiphany SoC project? It would be sad to
> miss this chance for a proposal!
>
> regards,

Sorry for not communicating much recently. From what I've briefly seen
on the SoC site, we don't have to provide a huge amount of detail in the
project that we want done.

I think the project of "Bookmark/History Integration" can be easily
described as:
        Combine the notions of browser bookmarks and history by
        implementing a simple user interface and SQLite-backed database
        as part of the Epiphany project. This will involve some
        innovation in determining "what exactly is a bookmark?" and "how
        should the user organise things?", as well as database
        efficiency problems. The database should be simple to extend so
        that additional information can be stored as new functionality
        (custom icons, user notes, etc) are provided by Epiphany
        extensions.

Regards,
Peter.