Re: Easier than Galeon? Don't know, don't care

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 16:51 -0500, Geoff Staples wrote:
> I commend you for the attempt to create an easy to use, well integrated
> Gnome browser. So, I hope (despite my bad mood) that you will suggest a
> solution and then publish it. We are motivated to replace Windows with
> Linux.

Unfortunately, you've sent your complaints to the wrong people. There's
nothing Epiphany developers can do about it: Epiphany has dependencies,
and the Linux distribution ought to be able to sort them out.

In fact, I'd say there would be a rather strong argument for removing
all binaries from the Epiphany download page entirely, in favour of
distribution-specific instructions. I'll bet tons of people see their
distribution and click on the link; that is not the intent. Think of the
*only* use case for that page: people want to install Epiphany. The
links on the Downloads page are an obstacle. (When reading the page, I
for one skim the installation instructions without registering a thing
and then jump straight to the Binaries section -- I'm sure I'm not the
only one.)

Does anybody agree/disagree?

Anyway, Geoff, you're right: it is a common error. The downloads page
makes it appear as if you ought to follow the links to download, when
that is not the case.

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>