Re: Epiphany homepage

Hi,

On Jo, 2005-02-10 at 11:01 -0500, Adam Hooper wrote:

> .po files aren't really made for large chunks of text like web pages, I
> don't think. Maybe writing one giant XML file in all languages and using
> XSLT to generate the individual language pages would be the way to go.
> (Then again, the downside is that it's a maintenance problem for
> translators. I'm just suggesting the possibility, not saying it's the
> best.)

I was thinking of having a template for the things common to all pages
(like navigation bars, etc.) and using gettext on that.
Ex: "index.foo.en" contains the English content, a template which
contains the translatable strings is applied using your favourite
technique, and the result is "index.html.en".

> By the way, by default Apache serves ".html.en", ".html.fr", ".html.de",
> etc, depending on the browser's language settings. So you don't have to
> worry about detecting languages if you go that route (or another,
> similar route).

How do you link between those pages? ".html" or ".html.en" .

> - Made the background 100% width. Since CSS can't scale images, I had
> eliminate the gradient-ness :(. So the image is 1px wide now.

What do you guys think of using this image?
http://vic.pmc.md/misc/sandy-stripes-gradient.png
It's a really long image that has both sides faded to look good when
repeated.

Thanks,
Victor

--