Re: opening links

Hi,

Le dimanche 24 avril 2005 �1:00 +1000, Ruddiger eVil a �it :
> Yes, "epiphany www.tightvnc.com" is exactly the same and tries to open a file.  Epiphany appears to be a script here, I installed it via ports, I'm on FreeBSD 5.3 so perhaps it is a fbsd issue?  Anyway, I took a look inside of /usr/X11R6/bin/epiphany and it does indeed appear to be a script, so here it is
> <code>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> dist_bin=`dirname $0`
>
> MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/X11R6/lib/firefox
>
> if [ -z "$MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH" ]; then
>     MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins
>     export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH
> fi
>
> if [ -n "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ]; then
>   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$MOZILLA_HOME:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> else
>   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$MOZILLA_HOME
> fi
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=$MOZILLA_HOME
> export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME
>
> if [ -f /usr/local/lib/libflashplayer.so.1 ]; then
>     LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libflashplayer.so.1
>     export LD_PRELOAD
> fi
>
> exec "/usr/X11R6/bin/epiphany-bin" "$@"
> </code>

> And yes, I tried to run epiphany-bin, but I get this:
> callipygous burrito [/usr/X11R6/bin] $ epiphany-bin
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libxpcom.so" not found, required by "libgtkembedmoz.so"

The script and the error when using epiphany-bin directly are
bsd-specific, the script shouldn't be needed (and it should work without
it). Still, I cannot see how that would introduce this bug... maybe it's
some other change bsd makes. Have you tried to ask the bsd guys if
they've seen this before perhaps?

Regards,
	Christian