displaying screenshots

Hi,

I just had an idea where I hope somebody could evaluate if this would be
possible.

As I saw some screenshots of gnome-apps i had the idea if it would be
possible to make a screenshot of an application without an image.

I mean that it could be possible to display a dialogue in a web page in
the users language just with the information wich dialogue should be
presented. This cleary would mean that the user has to have Gnome and/or
Gtk installed. Maybe this would be primarily useful for documentation.
It could reduce the bytes used for images.

Maybe it would also possible to animate this, because it could use the
Gnome functions. I am not  a programmer. I just know that it would be
possible, but I don't know if it's worth to invest time in this.

I could also image this be useful to change the Web in the future, so
that many things are made with desktop managers and not with custom made
pages. Searching with Google for instance could also be done with the
Gnome search tool. And Epiphany could be the link between Web and Gnome.

Thilo

--
http://www.alternativ.net/~vinci
Jabber: vinci jabber org