Re: some features in 1.4.0 make Epiphany a bit harder to use than 1.2.x

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:26:57 +1000, Peter Harvey <pah06 uow edu au> wrote:
[snip]
> Can I ask for a little bit of clarification. Are you saying this:
>  * When you created N tabs all were shown and there were no scroll
>    buttons.
>  * When you created N+1 tabs there were scroll buttons, but only N-1
>    tabs are shown.
>
> If this is what you see, then the behaviour of the tabs and scroll
> buttons is (probably) correct and there is no bug here (except maybe
> that the tabs are too big by default).
>
> There *is* a bug if this next description matches what you observe:
>  * When you create N tabs there are scroll buttons, and M tabs are
>    shown (where M < N).
>  * When you create N+1 tabs there are scroll buttons, and M-1 tabs are
>    shown.
>
> Can you clarify? Thanks,
> Peter.

OK, the first one is what I said. You are right, it isn't technical
bug in epiphany. But it should be a problem when people use it. At
least, my mom ask me why the program work like this. She was never
noticed this problem until epiphany 1.4 out, because it wasn't easy to
get the number of tabs when there are many tabs with small width.

In my viewpoint, it should work like this:
* When you created N tabs all were shown and there were no scroll buttons.
* When you created N+1 tabs, it should show N tabs with a little bit
smaller width and scroll buttons.

This is more intuitive than N-1 tabs with a bigger width. How do you
think? Maybe, I should ask this in gtk-devel-list.

--
 Best Regards
 Carlos