Re: Download manager and proxies

Hello Henry,

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Henry Baldursson wrote:

I want to thank you guys for the work behind Epiphany. I just got
acquainted with Gnome and its HIG guidlines by way of trying Ubuntu. I

Glad you found Epiphany in Ubuntu, as Firefox seems to be the default browser. :-)

I just took a look at your roadmap for 1.6 and beyond, and since I
didn't see these ideas there I thought I might bounce it off some
folks.

The roadmap for 1.6 is not completely finished yet. So it's a good thing you came here to discuss it.

somewhat outsource the download manager that exists in Epiphany into a
standalone application?

Everyone agrees (I think) that the current download manager can be improved. There are two things suggested here which might happen:

1) Move 'simple' download tasks to Nautilus
2) Let epiphany extensions handle complicated downloader functions.

Number 2 has already been implemented; see http://gwget.sourceforge.net.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778

   == Geen softwarepatenten in Europa! == www.NoSoftwarePatents.com ==