Re: Killer app

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 20:07 -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>     * Many contain links to extented versions of the entries or to
>       webpages with further information and I rather have this in one
>       program, not two (even if my mail program chews up 2-3 MB of RAM
>       oppossed to the gazillion or two that Evolution and Thunderbird
>       want, the prospect of a gazillion for Evolution plus a gazillion
>       for Epiphany, erm, no thanks)

FYI, that's an urban legend. While Evolution and Epiphany both consume a
gazillion megs of RAM, they are the *same* gazillion megs. Those same
gazillion megs show up twice in "top", but the same RAM is only consumed
once. And, hell, it's the same RAM the rest of GNOME consumes anyway.

Epiphany maybe consumes 15-20MB extra for Mozilla (pulling this number
out of my ass, excuse me), and Evolution probably consumes 15MB extra
for GtkHTML and a few other things. But everything else is loaded and
running already, so big deal.

--
Adam Hooper <adamh densi com>