Re: Download manager and proxies

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 12:56 +0000, Henry Baldursson wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:13:02 +1100, Peter Harvey <pah06 uow edu au> wrote:
> > While the file broker idea sounds very nice, what of the more advanced
> > aspects of HTTP than just 'GET' requests? How will we handle cookies? Or
> > authentication?
>
> Good point. I'm not so much worried about the authentication, that
> would be the problem of whichever HTTP library got chosen. Cookies,
> however, would require more conversation between the broker and the
> browser. So the browser's acquired cookies could be used to
> authenticate the browser as a legitimate client for receiving a file
> (i.e. pron :-). So some callback registering on the part of the caller
> would be necessary. Bonobo should be equip for that.

This thread *started* with DBUS but now seems to be using CORBA. I'm
left wondering what problems DBUS will realistically solve that couldn't
be done better using the Event classes in CORBA. Will we ever see a
sophisticated application of DBUS, or will it become just another daemon
needed to be running for Gnome to work?

Regards,
Peter.