Re: Download manager and proxies

Henry,

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Henry Baldursson wrote:

Do you believe all the advanced gwget functionality should be delivered
with GNOME mainline?

Well, my humble opinion is that it would make Gnome a more
interresting desktop- and development environment.

It doesn't use the Gnome proxy settings, but rather implements its own
proxy support which lacks things such as authentication. Synaptic
could use such a download manager (let's call it a File Broker) via a

Why do you think Synaptic would use the GNOME download manager, when currently it already ignores the GNOME proxy settings?

Don't get me wrong, I _like_ the idea of a "file broker" as you call it, but the right place to discuss that is desktop-devel-list. It's simply not something that epiphany should be providing (IMNSHO).

P.S. Reinout, could you CC me when you reply to the list? I get the
list via digests, which makes replying a tad difficult. :-)

I'll try to remember that, but other people actually don't like this. It 'd be easier if you just found a way to participate in non-digest mode. :)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778

   == Geen softwarepatenten in Europa! == www.NoSoftwarePatents.com ==