Re: Download manager and proxies

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 07:23 -0500, Adam Hooper wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 11:18 +0000, Henry Baldursson wrote:
> > On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:56:29 +0100 (CET), Reinout van Schouwen
> > > Don't get me wrong, I _like_ the idea of a "file broker" as you call it,
> > > but the right place to discuss that is desktop-devel-list. It's simply
> > > not something that epiphany should be providing (IMNSHO).
> > Yes, but would Epiphany be inclined to use it, were someone to
> > implement it and get it accepted into Mainline? :-)
>
> Epiphany developers are always looking for ways to integrate into GNOME.
> I think the decision to use this "file broker" would be a quick and easy
> one. As long as it works....

While the file broker idea sounds very nice, what of the more advanced
aspects of HTTP than just 'GET' requests? How will we handle cookies? Or
authentication?

Unless the Epiphany project itself provides the backend downloader (via
embedded Mozilla code) I think we'll see problems in the implementation.
For that reason, maybe this project does belong in Epiphany (as the home
of Mozilla-in-Gnome). Thoughts?

Peter.