[Epiphany] Re: Epiphany RPM packages for RH9

>> And then some feature-requests as a former galeon-user.
>>
>>  + I'd like to have my back/up/forward buttons to behave as Galeon. (No
>>    arrow and right-click gives me drop-down)
>
> I think the drop down is more clear and consistent with nautilus.

I think IE actually lets you do either. I can see the benefit of right click
in this case too. According to fitts law, the easiest pixel to click is the
one your currently at, also targeting stuff is easier when the target is
large, hence for users that are comfortable with context clicking, this
method for accessing the history drop down in the back and forward buttons
is probably faster.

>>  + I'd like to be able to get rid of the text on those buttons. (It
>>    consumes too much space IMO)
>
> Well you can set gnome style to icons only. Text beside icon doesnt
> allow to give some icons priority and have only the text of these

I just commented on the egg bug about not supporting prioirity text, cuz
that is plain stupid.

>>  + Can we have a 'clean' button that erases the Location-bar ? I don't
>>    understand why they removed it from Galeon2 either ;-(
>
> Uhm ctrl+l works well ;) I'm not opposed to have on in toolbar editor
> though. Do others think it would be worth ?

I don't see much use for a clean button, especially when there are other
more worthwhile features we can add to the tbe (zoom control). I'd rather
not bloat it with features that only are really useful to the minority of us
who are addicted to primary selection (and i'm pretty addicted to it i might
add).

>>  + I love the bookmarks implementation. But it would be nice to make some
>>    changes for handling these bookmarks. I'd like to clean up my
>>    bookmarks but opening the properties of each individual link is
>>    time-consuming. Some of the information (for smart bookmarks eg) is not
>>    accessible ;(
>
> You can edit the titles inline, F2 and add topics with dnd.
> We thought editing url was a low priority task, so it's available only
> in properties.

address, damnit, address!!!! :) I agree with marco editting the address of a
link is not something *most* people do.

dave