Re: [Epiphany] Epiphany RPM packages for RH9

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 10:09, Dag Wieers wrote:
> Sure, I wouldn't want that to be the default ;)

Gnome2.. if it can't be a default, it's not worth being there at all..

> Well, actually I have it configure as "Text Besides Icons" but Epiphany
> behaves as if "Text Below Icons".

I can verify that. Looks like a bug, you should probably file that.

> Well, that's not an option as you would loose the currently selected text
> from the copy-buffer.

True. X11 primary selection showing its limitations. Not a killer issue
these days, since practically all Gnome/Kde apps understand clipboard
selection correctly (I think Ephy or Mozilla has some kind of problem
with this, but I haven't been able to pin it down).

Regarding selection, btw.. Since the early Netscape days, it has been a
convention in X11 browsers that middle-button pasting text from the
primary selection within a browser window works as if you'd pasted the
text into the address bar and hit return - that is, if the text is a
URL, load it. I guess it's been a workaround for not having drag&drop,
but I've found it convenient. Ephy doesn't support it, I think it should
(especially as there is no other sensible function for middle-button
click within the browser window but not over a link).

> It would be nice to have it available more easier. In some cases I have to
> use different proxies for different destinations. At home and at work I
> have a server providing me a PAC file. But at customer-sites this is a
> mess. Being able to switch between configurations with a minimal number of
> clicks would be nice. (Galeon had this and removed it from Galeon2 ;-( )

Didn't Mozilla 1.4b just introduce something new regarding PAC files? Oh
yeah, failover. Anyway, you should be able to create a couple of scripts
that manage GConf /system/http_proxy settings according to a profile. I
don't think that functionality belongs in Ephy - Gnome as a whole should
probably take profiles a step further.

--
Osma Ahvenlampi <oa@iki.fi>

This is a digitally signed message part