Re: [Epiphany] Topic thoughts

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Erik wrote:

>Imported from my galeon bookmarks, spaces were converted to _ and that was the
>end result. In effect, Ephy preserved my folder hierarchy for me.. my earlier
>comments about remove/rename should be observed here.

Aha, I hadn't used any spaces in my Galeon folder names. Also, now I see
where the namespace/folder hierarchy preservation came from.

>I hope nobody takes anything I say as flames. I'm just trying to project my
>point of view. I'm a user not a developer. I'm doing the best I can :) I
>think this discussion needs more end-user input.

Ditto for me. :)

>I don't yet have any bookmarks with multiple topics. I can't find it useful in
>any way. Infact, generalizing the topics causes problems. lnxscene.org falls
>under "linux demoscene" but not "amiga demoscene". I understand, I should add
>it to the "linux" and "demoscene" topics, but do this to a few dozen linux
>related bookmarks (or demo related) and suddenly these topics are uber-clutter,
>defeating the purpose. I can't get linux demoscene links without seeing either
>all linux links or all demoscene links.

I haven't tried this thoroughly, but if you're looking for a more specific
bookmark, can't you just type multiple keywords ? Maybe I'm missing the
point.

I just had a thought that it might be nice if the topic list (on the left
of the bookmarks dialog) included a count of the bookmarks under that
topic. Maybe unnecessary, but it would help me identify topics that had too
few or too many bookmarks. I've been trying to organize my topics so there
are between 10 and 20 bookmarks per topic ...

>And on another note, the 'adding a bookmark' dialog should have a topic list
>dropdown? I get the feeling this might be dificult, but the idea is ctrl-click
>or shift-click to select multiple topics. Would make this process alot easier.

I don't know, I enjoy the topic autocompletion thing. A topic list would be
difficult to do well without clutter, I think. Though I suppose with enough
topics it would be quite difficult to remember which topics you've already
defined, even with the autocompletion.

Cheers,
leif

--