Re: [Epiphany] missing usability features in 0.7

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 21:10, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 21:00, Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:

> > > Maybe there is yet another better solution then ...
> > > Open popups in tabs doesnt seem to work well as anti popup solution, at
> > > least judging by the few people that use it and by people that keep to
> > > ask blocking. Maybe because people use tabs for other things and having
> > > popups there is annoying ? (just a weird guess).
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I've noticeda change in
> > behaviour in 0.70 with regard to click-popups. That is, links which
> > used to open in a new window/tab (depending on your "Open in tabs by
> > default" preference) now *always* open in a new window, which is
> > very annoying. For example, links like:

> Uhm I dont think that can be a regression. From mozilla api we dont know
> how a popup has been opened. So click and not click popups are the same
> for us.
> I agree that they should be opened in tabs, but that would probably
> require a gtkmozembed api extension.
> (Does this work correctly in mozilla ?)

But those aren't popups, just windows which open in a new window (those
aren't blocked by the popup blocking anyway). I definitely think those
are horribly annoying... Usually when a window opens a new Epiphany
window, I close it again and then click the link with the middle mouse
button which is obviously not friendly.
I think it would make more sense to open those windows in new tabs when
this is the default setting. It should jump automatically to this new
tab though (if it was opened with a single click, because then the user
will certainly go there directly).
Besides of that, I find those windows a bit rude anyway. I'm not sure if
you can do this (probably not) but if it would be possible, I would love
to see in the statusbar if a link will open a new window/tab.
Another problem related to those windows is, that new windows will
always appear at the small default size, not the size of your last
Epiphany window. At least in 0.7. That makes it twice as irritating. :)

Daniel