Re: [Epiphany] missing usability features in 0.7

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:36:16PM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 20:29, Mike wrote:
> >
> > The advantage with the "popups in tabs" feature is that if you dont want
> > to block the site, the popups dont interfere with your browsing and you
> > can then look at them at leisure.
>
> Maybe there is yet another better solution then ...
> Open popups in tabs doesnt seem to work well as anti popup solution, at
> least judging by the few people that use it and by people that keep to
> ask blocking. Maybe because people use tabs for other things and having
> popups there is annoying ? (just a weird guess).

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I've noticeda change in
behaviour in 0.70 with regard to click-popups. That is, links which
used to open in a new window/tab (depending on your "Open in tabs by
default" preference) now *always* open in a new window, which is
very annoying. For example, links like:

FWIW, I totally agree with Marco/dave with regard to not opening
Javascript popups in tabs. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is
that such windows are often intended to be transient and/or of a
particular size. Opening them in tabs can actually be to the
detriment of the website UI in such cases. The one that comes to
mind for me at the moment is the image editing feature in gallery
(gallery.sf.net).
--
Alisdair McDiarmid               <URL:http://wasters.org/pubkey.asc>
Please encrypt all email sent to me.     <URL:http://www.gnupg.org/>