Re: [Epiphany] missing usability features in 0.7

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 21:00, Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:36:16PM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 20:29, Mike wrote:
> > >
> > > The advantage with the "popups in tabs" feature is that if you dont want
> > > to block the site, the popups dont interfere with your browsing and you
> > > can then look at them at leisure.
> >
> > Maybe there is yet another better solution then ...
> > Open popups in tabs doesnt seem to work well as anti popup solution, at
> > least judging by the few people that use it and by people that keep to
> > ask blocking. Maybe because people use tabs for other things and having
> > popups there is annoying ? (just a weird guess).
>
> I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I've noticeda change in
> behaviour in 0.70 with regard to click-popups. That is, links which
> used to open in a new window/tab (depending on your "Open in tabs by
> default" preference) now *always* open in a new window, which is
> very annoying. For example, links like:

Uhm I dont think that can be a regression. From mozilla api we dont know
how a popup has been opened. So click and not click popups are the same
for us.
I agree that they should be opened in tabs, but that would probably
require a gtkmozembed api extension.
(Does this work correctly in mozilla ?)

Marco