Re: [Epiphany] Re: a few comments

On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 22:37, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> Marco Pesenti Gritti writes:
>
> > On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 18:54, hyperf wrote:
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> Just installed the 0.7.0 release and I gotta say Epiphany is getting
> >> more usable every day. Thanks for all the hard work.
> >>
> >> However, there are some comments that I have that I think some other
> >> people might agree with and I hope they could be useful.
> >>
> >> 1.It's a little annoying [as it is in most other browsers] to have the
> >> bookmark editor open a whole new window. It might be a little easier to
> >> have some kind of integrated drop down or some other built in window to
> >> edit your bookmarks.
> >
> > We will prolly work on something like this at some point.
>
> FWIW i disagree with this idea. Opening the bookmarks window in the current
> window, obliterates what I'm looking at, when I really want to just open
> something else, not necessarily get rid of what I'm looking at currently.
> MPT has a quick blurb on this here http://mpt.phrasewise.com/2003/04/04.

Well if you're adding or editing a bookmark, you're not really looking
at a webpage at the same time, at least not while you're actively in the
bookmark window. Also what if there's a choice between let's say opening
the bookmark editor in a new tab or in a separate window. Or would that
be too confusing and clutter the options? Maybe have it in Gconf. I'm
not sure how much functionality one can stuff in a drop down menu but if
there's added information in the right click, for example allowing you
to add/remove the current bookmark to categories,that might be pretty
interesting. Of course I'm just throwing ideas out, I'm not exactly a
usability expert :)