[Epiphany] Re: a few comments

Marco Pesenti Gritti writes:

> On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 18:54, hyperf wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Just installed the 0.7.0 release and I gotta say Epiphany is getting
>> more usable every day. Thanks for all the hard work.
>>
>> However, there are some comments that I have that I think some other
>> people might agree with and I hope they could be useful.
>>
>> 1.It's a little annoying [as it is in most other browsers] to have the
>> bookmark editor open a whole new window. It might be a little easier to
>> have some kind of integrated drop down or some other built in window to
>> edit your bookmarks.
>
> We will prolly work on something like this at some point.

FWIW i disagree with this idea. Opening the bookmarks window in the current
window, obliterates what I'm looking at, when I really want to just open
something else, not necessarily get rid of what I'm looking at currently.
MPT has a quick blurb on this here http://mpt.phrasewise.com/2003/04/04.

>> 2.The current way to have a link show up in the bookmark toolbar seems
>> somewhat complicated and hard to find. Having to open the bookmark
>> editor and then notice the little check mark at the bottom took me a
>> long time to figure out. I would love it if I could drag and drop
>> links/fav icons from the address bar to the bookmark bar, or even whole
>> categories from the bookmark editor.
>
> You can already add bookmarks by dnd. Implementing something similar for
> links is easy. I actually did it at some point but it got lost in the
> tbe rewrite.

There still is the click and drag gtk bug though :/

dave