Re: [Epiphany] Two more problems

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 08:44, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> I am using Epiphany 0.8 tonight and I noticed three more things to take care
> of:
>
> 1. When I make a CNTRL+F to open the Find dialog, I need each time that I
> re-open the dialog to remember the text I typed before. This should be true
> for each browser session.

This is a bug, the code to do it is there. Would be nice if someone
could put it in bugzilla.

> 2. I clicked on a PDF file found through Google search and Epiphany asked me
> if I want to open it or save it. I said "Open", and Epiphany seemed to have
> saved the pdf file on /tmp. Then, it obviously tried to open the default PDF
> reader, which is gPDF for me, but instead I got little error messages from
> Epiphany saying that it can't open the file or something. Clicking "Ok" to
> the little alert, it would not take away its window! Even more weird, about
> a minute later, gPDF loaded, but it said that it couldn't load the pdf file
> for viewing.
> Not sure what exactly is wrong with the whole procedure, but it doesn't work
> well...

Again this should go in bugzilla. I'm not sure which error message was
showing but I guess I can find it by the fact it doesnt close.

> 3. There is bad performance regarding responsiveness in the tabs. If I load
> 2-3 pages at the same time in tabs, it just gets very slow to get from one
> tab to the other. Of course no one expects it to be snappy, as heavy CPU
> operations are at work at the time of rendering, but it currently is too
> slow. Mozilla and Safari are not as slow on same/comparable hardware. Galeon
> IS as slow in my experience.

Can you define slow ? GtkNotebook has bad performance in gtk1 but in
gtk2 it's a lot faster.

Marco