Re: [Epiphany] Thoughts on Epiphany

> * When saving files, I'd like the option to have Ephy remember whether I
> want to save or open a particular MIME type.  ie: If I'm grabbing a
> bunch of RPMS, I'd never hit "open" - so I have to hit Save over and
> over and over.  Big PITA. :-)   This, of course, does provide a bit of a
> UI problem with regards to turning the "remember" feature *off*...
> Thoughts??

Dunno. I certainly dont want the mime editor back. If we find a better
solution it may be worth.

> * A bookmarks toolbar would be excellent

Working on this ... will take while though.

> * some form of built-in search bar.  The current method of having the
> address bar do double-duty as a search bar is a bad idea, IMHO.  It's
> confusing and inconsistent.  Something like Galeon's smart bookmarks or
> Phoenix and Safari's google bar would be better.  If the latter is used,
> I'd love to see a way to integrate more than just google searches,
> though, so one could do queries of Bugzilla, rpmfind, etc, too.  I'm not
> sure if this could all be accomplished without crack-ifying the UI,
> though.

For some reason I dont feel it confusing. I ever felt typing a keyword
in the location entry a natural action. I dont think having a choice of
search places make it worst. Anyway you are not the first pointing this
out ... so I guess I need to reconsider it.

My first plan was to implement it in a separate entry but there is
really not enough space. Phoenix have smaller back/forward, location
icon inside the entry and no spinner. Unless we manage to make toolbar
layout more compact I dont think it's a good idea to add one more entry.
I never used Safari, what's the diff between it and Phoenix about this ?

> * a "Privacy" tab in the preferences, to allow for some amount of
> cookie/history/etc.  Something like the current Galeon 1.3.1 "Filters"
> tab would do nicely.

I plan that but I feel current galeon tab way too bloaty.

> * some kind quick hack/workaround to block popups until a "real"
> solution is found.  Using Ephy has been such a pleasure, but I could do
> without the popups. ;)  I'd be happy even with editing the prefs.js file
> or a gconf key, just SOMETHING for testers of Ephy to use until the
> final way to handle popups is found.  Again, possible crack here, but if
> it's not too hard/intrusive, it'd be *so* nice.

You can certainly edit your prefs.js and add the galeon pref, maybe I
left it in gconf too, not sure.

> * the ability to block images from a specific site by right clicking on
> an image and selecting a "Block all images from
> annoying-ad-server.foo.com" type item in the menu.  More possible crack
> here, naturally, as one needs the ability to un-block this stuff, too.

Yeah a bit too much crack for my tastes ;)

Marco