Re: [Epiphany] error on startup

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 22:07, Antti wrote:
> rpm -qa ORBit: ORBit-0.5.17-7
> rpm -qa ORBit2: ORBit2-2.6.0-2
>
> ...so they are not ximian packages, right? Shouldn't there read ximian
> somewhere?

Yeah - they must be the standard Redhat packages. I note that there are
a ton of other RPMs in the repository at
http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/downloads/rpms/.

Can anyone on the list confirm that this epiphany RPM works on vanilla
redhat? Or do you need to install the ORBit2 package present in this
repository?

If, as I suspect, the case is the latter, then if you want to use this
package you can best install it with apt, using Matthew Hall's
repositiory, as detailed here:

http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/repository.html#readme

This should resolve the dependencies, however, you are going to end up
upgrading a whole host of Gnome packages, and you may want to think
twice about that.

If you really do need to install a whole bunch of extra packages, should
this link really be given on the Epiphany webpage as a "Redhat 9" RPM?

Ben