Re: [Epiphany] error on startup

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 16:34, Antti wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 17:23, Antti wrote:
> > I'm using redhat 9.0. I installed mozilla-1.4-3 and epiphanys newest
> > version and I get this error while executing epiphany:
> >
> > ** (epiphany-bin:3333): WARNING **: Web browser gnome icon not found
> >
> > /usr/bin/epiphany-bin: relocation error: /usr/bin/epiphany-bin:
> > undefined symbol: ORBit_skel_class_register
> >
> > ...and it doesn't start up. What the he** is this?
>
> Ok, when I run epiphany-bin it says:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libgtkembedmoz.so: cannot open
>
> where does epiphany look for libgtkembedmoz.so and other *.so files?

That will be in /usr/lib/mozilla - but the problem there is that you are
running epiphany-bin rather than the "epiphany" script which sets the
mozilla dir.

Your real problem is the undefined symbol - probably because you are
using a binary compiled for a different system? I presume you are using
Matthew Hall's RPMs? Did you do anything naughty like rpm --nodeps?

You might get more joy if you recompile the SRPM.

Ben