Re: [Epiphany] error on startup

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 20:32, Antti wrote:
> Yes I have evolution from ximian. Maybe something else too. What does it
> have to do with this?

It's quite possible that you have a Ximian version of the Orbit library
installed, which seems to be incompatable with the build of Epiphany you
are using, which is compiled against the standard redhat one. Unless
someone else on the list can supply an RPM build for Ximian, your best
bet is to rebuild the source RPM. It should be easy :-)

Download
http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/downloads/rpms/epiphany/0.8.4/SRPMS/epiphany-0.8.4-1.src.rpm

run

rpmbuild --rebuild epiphany-0.8.4-1.src.rpm

If it spits out a load of dependencies, then you are going to have to go
get them. If not, then with luck you will have a newly built rpm
somewhere in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/. That one should install.

I *think* this is how you do it - it's been a while since I've used
Redhat.

Ben