[Epiphany] Re: Two issues...

toth64@yahoo.com writes:

> First, when entering a URL, Epiphany will bring up a
> list of previously visited sites with similar
> names...on every other browser I've used I can then
> press tab to cycle through them and pick the one I
> want. Currently you have to use the down arrow with
> Epiphany. I find tab to be much more convenient, and
> every browser I've used except for Epiphany works this
> way.

tab cannot be used because it breaks accessibility keynav. Basically the tab
key needs to always move inbetween widgets. See gtk-dev and desktop-devel
mailing list for some long threads on this issue.

> Second, when using the Find dialog...escape does not
> close the find dialog. This is another thing that I
> have grown accustomed to in other browsers and is very
> convenient. It allows you to search for something
> without touching the mouse -- ctrl-F, type, enter
> (repeat), escape.

There is a HIG bug regarding this. Basically in gnome esc is always bound to
cancel, but closing the find dialog is not canceling everything you've done
in it. So there is disagreement. please comment on the HIG bug. We plan to
follow the HIG recommendation on this issue.

dave