[Epiphany] RE: Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!

On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 01:00, Julien Olivier wrote:

> As for the HIG compliance, why not trying to make Phoenix HIG-compliant
> ? Why would'nt Phoenix developers want their app to be HIG-ified ?

What about widgets? OK, you can make Phoenix HIG compliant, you can
choose the classic theme, but it DON'T use GTK*, so no full integration.

I think to break rendering engine and and user application is the best
way to have a common "web view" in different environments. So you can
make a cross platform app (as actual mozilla: you change OS, but you
share the interface/behavior) or an integrated one (galeon/epiphany,
kmelon, chimera...), this is a developer choice, but users will see
always the "same page".

BTW a browser is more then a html viewer: there are bookmarks, history,
cookies managing... So you can build a lot of different user interfaces
using the same rendering engine or HIG. See galeon and epiphany
bookmarks manager, for example.

--
Think bigger

			My uncle