[Epiphany] Re: [Galeon-devel] RE: Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!
- From: Philip Langdale <philipl mail utexas edu>
- To: Murray Cumming Comneon com
- Cc: jdub perkypants org, desktop-devel-list gnome org,epiphany mozdev org, galeon-devel lists sourceforge net
- Subject: [Epiphany] Re: [Galeon-devel] RE: Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!
- Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 21:42:10 -0600
I would basically reiterate what Marco said; the details of browser
development and the directions we're going in are not necessarily
changed, but the confirmation that GRE will be the core for everybody
is a highly positive development. It hopefully means that we no longer
have to expect people to install all of mozilla just to be able to use
our supposedly small and cuddly browsers; though both galeon and
epiphany will almost certainly leverage components that will not fall
into the base GRE. How this gets dealt with remains to be seen;
hopefully there will be a sane infrastructure.
The simple fact that phoenix has been promoted to the official mozilla
browser does not have any more effect on us than the fact that is exists
at all right now; frankly I doubt that phoenix's goals or direction is
changed either. One's view of the comparative relevance of the browsers
really shouldn't be changed by this announcement.
> It would be really great to hear from the Galeon and Epiphany maintainers
> about how this might affect their future devlopment plans and/or project
> Murray Cumming
] [Thread Prev