Re: EOG Keeps Resizing Itself After Ubuntu 12.04 Upgrade

Hi. Yes, having resized an EOG window, I saw it bounce back (in height at least - it seems determined to be no less in height than from the top panel to the bottom). Using the arrow key definitely results in this, at least when you get to a larger image. I just then opened up an image that, panel to panel, is displaying at 96%; after resizing it to be about 2/3 the height, after about 5 seconds it jumped straight back to the size it was.

I agree it probably is an EOG vs Compiz issue, as upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04 gave me back Compiz-Fusion desktop effects I lost when Gnome 2 Classic became Gnome 3 Fallback (I saw Mutter being removed in the upgrade). However, this weirdness isn't global, as it only affects EOG.

OK, I just switched back to Metacity and there is no issue. My Compiz settings look to be as I left them in 11.04, and I don't have a great deal of the plugins enabled, but I'll see if I can isolate the culprit later (if I can, I'll report back). But since every other program I use has no issue with Compiz, I'd still look at this as an EOG bug. Cheers. Frank